5 simple tricks to uplift your mood

/
0 Comments

Coucou all,

And welcome back to SammyFaces.

Never ending list of to-dos - check
Running after so many different things - check
Starting to feel uneasy and overwhelmed - check
Runs around in circles and looses sight opriorities - check

Pause. Breathe deeply

Clearly I haven't yet mastered that zen attitude...  and on days when stress levels spike to 100, I had to find better ways to cope other than indulging on anything chocolate.

Should you ever find yourself in a similar situation, feeling kinda busy, kinda low in energy and close to sinking under waterkeep reading on for I am sharing five simple tricks that have truly helped me catch a breadth and stay upbeat (and afloat) during hectic days.

 1. MUSIC

Because music really is the quickest medicine for happinessmmmm ok food may come close second but ahem...anyway go on and pick those songs that bring up great memories. As the brain works in wondrous ways listening to that song will surely put a smile on your face in a split seconddancing and humming along.
Needless to say othose long winter days where I need extra motivation, you'll catch me singing whilst getting ready in the morning, or on my way to/from work.
My morning music picks include anything by  Rihanna,  Afro beats , and George Michael 's Flawless (Very effectiveBtw warning some videos are NOT appropriate for work)

When comes the evening and your head is feeling heavy– you may go for something more soothing. For me that'd be either classical music (who am I kidding?!?), it's got to be AdeleAlicia Keys, Sam Smith etc. or something sexy like Beyonce ballads (Halo, Love on top) or Barry White on repeat 

Oand anytime my spirit needs it,  Tasha Cobbs voice is heaven sent!



2  SELF CARE x ME-TIME

II can't sneak in an impromptu spa* after work, a herbal bath (or shower) with a lovely scented candle by my side (you may include a cup of tea or a nice drink) will do wonders to relax and calm me down after a long busy day.
Some times for that extra pick me up, I'll even pretend I'm a beauty guru in my head, add a facial mask or even put some nail polish and tada! 30mns of self love and self care that makes me feel better.

To that end you may consider adding to your cabinet thisthis and this or this.  Thank me later!





3. MEDITATION 
Think sitting cross legged, breathing heavily or listening to  Headspace is not for you?
Well I think anything that requires being present and unplug the agitated mind - be it cooking, playing an instrument, practicing yoga – can really clears up your mind, uplift your spirit and make you feel more at peace. So is having a picture on your office desk as a reminder of a sweet memory to escape to for 2 minutes. As a matter of fact, these are all intended to be extension of a practice of mindfulness, which will not only help you relax but also bring in more focus.  So you should really give that breathing count a try during the day but also in the evening as this can put you right into sleep mode.

4. READING (books!)

Yes Books give me life! and No reading a cute story oan ipad or scrolling through instagram feeds of inspirational quotes won't do it after a long day staring at all kinds of screens
So I'll sit comfortably on a chair or in my bed, grab (yet another) cup of tea /infusion, and read an uplifting and inspiring story thus immersing myself into a new reality (or fiction?) for a short while.

Recently I've been reading Elena Ferranteany self help/ motivational book I can put my hands on and I'd even go back to my all time reads** from time to time (they are that good so I highly recommend). And whilst we are at it, I just ordered these 2 books and I cant wait to read them!
 Behold the dreamers by Imbolo Mbue  and Swing Time by Zadie Smith





5. SPONTANEOUS FUand maybe a little trea;-)

Saying YES to that impromptu date,  grabbing drinks afterwork in a gorgeous hotel setting or that quick catchup call with a loved one in between meetings can put a smile right back on my face.
And so is treating myself with any satisfactory multisensory experience such as a delicious meal or lovely flowers.

So here you have it, I hope this will be useful and will help turn a hectic week into something more enjoyable. And if all things fail, eat that chocolate!
Any suggestions? Sharing is caring so please don’t hesitate to comment in the box below.

Until next time
-S

First Pic from cultbeauty.com
 * Suggestions for London Paris, New York and Geneva baby!
** I still swear by anything from Paulo Coelho or Chimamanda Adichie for those inspiring stories that also give me the urge to write



RELATED POST

No comments: