My Top 5 Love movies of all time...

/
0 Comments
Coucou all,


And welcome back to Sammy Faces,

I know it might sound like out of the blue, after a post as deep as this one....

But here's the thing. Valentine's day is coming up y'all. Also I recently watched the movie "A star is born", and since then I have been singing, listening to the whole soundtrack* and literally shouting to everyone to see the movie.  I cannot really explain it but it must be something about discovering the talents  (unknown to me) of both Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - her acting,  his singing, directing, everything - that struck a chord with me.

So I had to pause for a moment... to not only acknowledge my increasing use of the word "literally" as of late... but to also think about the past movies and in particular Love/Romcom movies that I enjoyed so much they left a lasting impression on me, and dare I say somewhat shaped the dreams of love I wanted or did not want for myself  growing up.

I will spare you the classic "Titanic", "Pretty woman", or "When Hally met Sally" which are everyone's favourites... Putting these aside, when it comes to movies that felt raw, that felt real, and made me smile and cry and laugh and, often all 3 at the same time, here are the top 5 that come to mind.



1. Pride and Prejudice
Does this book or the movie adaptation even need an introduction?!?!?
Because till this day, Jane Austen had the best life quotes  and this one is one of my favourites.
"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you"

2. Before Sunrise - Trilogy
Ok I'm kind of cheating because it's not only one, but the whole trilogy that I loved although the second movie Before Sunset might be my favourite. I also appreciated how these movies span almost 2 decades,  a true reflection of how love can take multiple turns in life...and vice versa.

3. Poetic Justice
ahhh... loved this movie so much as a teenager, it would never age in my view.
Also I think about Janet Jackson every time I wear my hair in box braids.

4. P.S. I love you 
Total tearjerker but still found it beautiful and powerful.. you just have to watch it...
And really Hilary Swank did that...

5. Love Actually 
Because  Hugh Grant and his dance scene  always crack me up and that beautiful door scene get me  ALL THE TIME...

And of course there is no Top 5 (or Top anything in fact) without an added bonus

Timbuktu
Very far from a romcom movie but one that a) got a Cannes Palme d'Or , b) I'd highly recommend and c) there is one line that I now use all the time with hubby dearest when words fail me to tell him how special he is and all that he means to me:
"Tout ce que je ne dis pas tu sais",  aka - I don't need to say much for you already know.

Ok that's it for now. And before you leave the room, I'd love to know about your favourites too!

So let's start a convo with your favourite movies, rom com, action, thriller, heck anything in the comments down below...

Until next time

-S

* PS: Best soundtrack ever and this song reminded me so much of Whitney Houston...


RELATED POST

No comments: